Employers’ Requirements for the RPA (UiPath) Developer
It is known that Robotic Process Automation is one of the latest trends that changes the means of interaction between people and information systems. RPA is the new thing, so there is a question that answers are hard to find searches. So, here we will describe how to become a Robotic Process Automation.
Technical required skills
First of all, the RPA developer builds bots – it is a script that works in background mode or on users’ command. Also, RPA developer responsibilities are systems integrations.
For good and productive results, employers expect good RPA technologies knowledge. RPA vendors solve this problem in the following way: They created the courses to teach developers how to work with their tools. As UiPath partners, we recommend their academy and high-quality courses with theory and practice.
Let’s go back to scripts development. To develop them you need to have the C# programming language knowledge at Junior+: language syntaxis, data types, classes, and objects understanding. Please use the best practices functional programming you have learned.
The next step is getting knowledge and understanding technologies that you will use for integration in outdoor scripts. It means the following.
The first is the ability to work with databases: set up data requests create saved procedures, features, triggers. Another requirement is experienced with NoSQL databases.
The second is REST API understanding. The developer should be able to cause API solutions and create new ones in case chatbot calls by an external system.
The third one is the ability to find bugs in the code and fix them.
Non-technical required skills
Let’s talk about the required soft skills of a UiPath developer. RPA project methodology of project implementation requires different roles, so employers expect more than only scripts building. UiPath includes in learning courses the following roles:
The first thing is your vision on how to optimally set up the business process. Experienced business analytics say that not all of the clients’ tasks require to be done accurately. Sometimes it should be changed for better results. Employers expect the evaluation of actions that can be removed from the work process and maintain control over the project.
The second thing is object knowledge. For example, in Chatbots.Studio we are working on bank products and our developers have a deep understanding of the typical system of landscape in banks, regulatory intercourse, and information security.
Which professions provide a chance to be the RPA developer?
To my mind, there are two options.
Automation Tester. These workers are using the same technologies but with another purpose – reducing time and quality increasing of regressive testing. Not repetitive tasks automation. They simulate users’ behavior in different interfaces and check the results of operations.
Low code and workflow-based systems developer. These specialists work with system integrations and script programming languages.
All I mentioned above are basic employer requirements to RPA (UiPath) developer. If you have something to add or share your expertise and insights, feel free to leave this in the comments below. So, I wish you good luck with this exciting career!
How To Choose a Partner For RPA (UiPath) Development?
Over the last few years, businesses have required additional human resources for automation of repetitive tasks. The reason being the rapid growth of the RPA and UiPath development. One of the good solutions in cooperation with someone who can complete the missing competence and increase the ROI.
The client requires the following results when he hires a UiPath partner:
- Getting a quick expertise evaluation. Building your team of UiPath developer requires 6 months at a minimum. There is really no need to wait that long.
- Reducing expenses for staff. UiPath project development sometimes means temporary resources aren’t needed after the project finishes. It is cheaper to hire an additional team for a period of time.
- Getting access to industrial (domain) innovations and partner “know-how” – the experience that a partner had during the same project development. It helps to avoid mistakes, reduce the project duration and costs while increasing the metrics.
When choosing your partner, a single mistake can be quite costly. I would like to share the four insights that you should pay attention while choosing your partner:
- Developers’ technical skills. First of all, developers should finish the UiPath educational courses and have experience in industrial UiPath solutions development. A detailed description of how to become an RPA (UiPath) developer you can find here. The advantage is the certified UiPath developer.
- Reviews on completed projects. Check the sources with ratings and listings. Usually, they contain the clients’ reviews. Here is an example of Top Robotics Companies.
- Domain expertise. Ask your partner to showcase his expertise in the same project. It is great if he has successfully completed the same project to yours.
- Adaptation of company processes to the needs of remote UIPath development. The partner should provide security and confidentiality of the project development.
If your potential business partner matches with the requirements above, he could be your trustful UiPath project developer. Write us an email and we will help you to automize your business with a value!